Friday, October 2, 2015

Composition: P3 (a)

        LESSON TASK        


In this lesson I took a range of different photographs based on the Top 10 photograph rules.


I took this photo during my media lesson. In this photo, the main objects are the hymn books piled in the front. My camera is focused on the hymn books in the front and the background is blurry, this effect strongly brings out the edges of books. In this photo, it is a cropping method which I cropped tight around the object and ensure that the subject gets people's attention. 


This photo is one of my favourite photo, I took this photo from the top of the stairs outside the chapel. The main object of this photo is the green metal piece laying on the little grey stones. This method is very similar to the previous photo at the top which is the cropping method, by blurring out the background to make the main object stand out. 


In this photo, I used the method of rule of thirds. I imagined that my photo is divided into 9 equal segments by 2 vertical and 2 horizontal lines. The main object of this photo is the tree in the middle so I positioned it along the lines. It has a good balance in this photo because the tree trunk is positioned in the middle, the branches and leaves covers out the top of the photo, it looks like the tree is surrounding half of the photograph.


I took this photo in the year 10 lockers room, it has a very strong contrast of colours. This photo is based on symmetry and patterns, they make for a very eye-catching compositions. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment